In a meeting held between Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) and Delivering Change Foundation (DCF), the NMC came up with an idea of earning income by selling sewage water to the Railway. In this meeting, the experts also stressed on the importance of dry and wet waste management. Casting their steps towards Smart City initiative, the experts also focused on increasing the number of toilets in the city and suggested measures to decrease the pollution of Nagpur City and improving the current state of the city lakes.
Highlights of the meeting:
- Recycling the sewage water the way MAHAGENCO and then handing over to the railway.
- Use of Pictures while creating waste management awareness amongst the citizens.
- While approving the plan of any township, the builder will be asked to separate the bathroom water and kitchen water.
- To destroy the bacteria that is present in the sewage water before recycling it.
- Build smart toilets which are accessible to the citizens.
- To have trash disposal at every nook and corner of the city.
- Make bioethanol from waste and use it as fuel for public transport in future.
- Encourage citizen to segregate wet and dry waste in the households.
- NMC should not pass the plan if any house plan has no facility to let off the sewage water.